Friday, August 29, 2014

Lovely blog like yours

I came across a post from a friend on her facebook page, and I recalled her, my old friend from the dutch land. Her name is Yeng Che Chow, a Chinese girl who has spent all her life in Netherland, so she's basically Dutch with Chinese appearance, she spoke I think 5 different languages. I met her for such a short time, it was autumn, the beginning of college. We were in a project for a multicultural communication. We talked occasionally, only as a partner in a project until one day she stopped me in front of  Montesqui building, I didn't know what got into her, she said that she might stop her master for work. I was overwhelmed, it's a big decision for someone to make, however it was not too late for her because we just started the semester. I don't exactly remember what I've said to her, maybe something about live up your dream, don't confuse your dream to someone else's. And then the next week, she really did never show up at classes anymore. I wasn't sad, but I knew something was missing.

She contacted me number of times, saying that she's working now, how am I doing etc. But I took what she meant as 'work' for granted. As I saw her blog, now I understand. She's such a creative soul. She needs to develop her creativity otherwise she will go dim. And I'm happy to know that she follows her dream to work in creative industry.

Follow her blog: www.ricepop.blogspot.com
ricepop.nl


Now, sometimes we will face this kind of dilemma, and it will need gut to decide what shall we do. But if you follow your heart, really your heart, everything else will come around. In time.

No comments: