Saturday, March 20, 2010

STAGE 3

Pale face. Trembling palm. Cold Sweat. Delicate Step.
Here we go…
STAGE 3
Me: there you go, Sir (pass the form to the interviewer 1).
Interviewer 1: So, your name is Raidah Intizar (reading form). And you are from?
Me: Makassar, Sir. Maros precisely.
Interviewer 1: Which kecamatan?
Me: Bontoa.
Interviewer 1: what language do you speak.
Me: I speak Arabic and English
Interviewer 1: no, no, no. Your local language.
Me: Oh, Bugis, sir.
Interviewer: I see that Maros civil speak Makassar.
Me: Yes, er, half of them speak Makassar, half other speak Bugis.
Interviewer 1: don’t you speak Makassar too?
Me: no, I’m not. Cause I’m not Makassar.
Interviewer 1: Okay (silent in reading). What do you expect from this program?
Me: I expect to know other culture from other country, face bigger challenge, enrich my insight, expand my network, and apply what I’ve studied as communication student, cause I am from communication department. You know, we are studying cultural communication too.
Interviewer 2: (nods, nods)
Interviewer 1: So, which program did you applied for?
Me: Journalism, Sir.
Interviewer 1: no, no, no. From this student exchange program…
Me: I applied for ASEAN-Japan
Interviewer 1: why don’t you try to apply Australia Student-Exchange.
Me: because I’m not old enough.
Interviewer 2: same cases every time.
Interviewer 1: You are from communication department. You are majoring?
Me: Journalism, Sir.
Interviewer 1: why you choose that major? You’re not interested in Public Relation?
Me: No, sir. I’ve been interested in Journalism since I was young. I participate many activities that has relation to journalism. I joined wall magazine. I become the leader of staff in school magazine. I write. Yes, I joined everything that has relation to journalism.
Interviewer 1: Why don’t you express your talent in Identitas?
Me: I express my talent by writing sir. I write non fiction, and fiction. My writings ever published in Tribun Timur newspaper.
Interviewer 1: what kind of writings?
Me: Article.
Interviewer 1: Oh, Article, Essays, and opinion?
Me: Yes, but I write fiction too, Sir. Like short story and novel. I write poem too.
Interviewer: Alright, timing is yours.
(Diverted to Interviewer 2)
Interviewer 2: Okay Raidah, you’ve applied Asean-Japan. You’ll face multi cultural people. And, what do you think of diversity? Does diversity means good thing, or is it a bad thing?
Me: well, diversity is good thing. Diversity allows us to know each other. To know another person that has different culture from us. God Has created this diversity, thus we have to use wisdom to behave diversity. We have to appreciate this diversity thing.
Interviewer 2: Okay, good. I wish you a very good luck (stares meaningfully).
Me: Okay, thank you Sir.

Stand. Relieved sigh. Done. Another fight’s done.
My battle-fellows, here we go again, going trough bigger challenge. Too much addicted to Arai and Ikal Fairytale. Or maybe Riana and Mudrikan real-tale? I don’t know which one inspired you, fellows, but it was clearly shown that we have
great motivation.
How about the result? How if it’s not as we expected? Let’s not think about it, we are winner as we follow this competition. There’s a lot person out there, that doesn’t even give challenge a try.
We’ve got the upper hand!
Maybe we failed yesterday, maybe we failed today… but when someday we win, we’ll taste the greatest feeling of winning. It’s just like
fasting, you are hungry hour by hour, but when it’s time to eat, you will taste the most pleasant food.
The question now: Is there another OPPORTUNITY we could apply for?



No comments: